Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Vegan MoFo, Day 12: Survey Time!

Hello, midweek. Now get the hell out of my way. I'm headed for Friday.

I felt like taking a Vegan MoFo Survey (one a year!) and saw this one on Manifest Vegan a few days ago. Seemed cute and not like the survey from last year, so here goes!




A is for Avocado: How do you like yours prepared?

Avocado is best when it's perfectly ripe and topped with lime juice and salt. Totally just made my mouth water. Also, I hate cooked avocado...gross.

B is for Bread: Regardless of nutrition, what is your favorite type?

I like pretty much any bread...except for croissants. They're just not my thing ever since I went on a trip to France in 2001. Dunno why...

C is for Chocolate: What is your favorite kind currently?

I've always been a complete sucker for dark chocolate. I love the Chocolate Dream chocolate chips. Super super delicious!!

D is for Doughnuts: You might not currently eat them, but what kind do you fancy?

Oh gawd, I'd kill for a doughnut. I haven't had one in forever. For reals, a doughnut pan is on my xmas list. There is a local bakery that makes vegan doughnuts but only on Wednesdays. Haven't made it over there yet. Wait! Today's Wednesday!


E is for Egg(plant): How would you like yours prepared?

I don't like cooking eggplant for myself. Every time I make it for myself, it tastes nasty. I'll probably forget and try it again...have to keep trying!


F is for Falafel: Yay or nay?

Yay times infinity! In fact, I'm thinking of making some next week.


G is for Groceries: Where do you purchase yours?

We get some items at Target because they are cheaper, but mostly we shop at Dillons (local Kroger). I love the Saturdays that I can make it to the farmer's market, and I find specialty vegan foods at Food For Thought, a local grocery (awesome store).


H is for Hot Beverages: What is your favorite hot drink?

Tea is awesomeness in a cup. I don't drink it every day, but waaaay more than coffee. Every time I buy a new box of tea, The Hubs complains that I have too much :)


I is for Ice Cream: Pick a favorite flavor and add a fun topping.

Chocolate. Vegan Sprinkles. Simple and cute.


J is for Jams or Jellies: Do you eat them? If so, what kind and flavor?

Hmmm, I prefer jams. My mom and I used to make a strawberry-rhubarb jam as xmas gifts every year. It was THE BEST.


K is for Kashi: Name your favorite Kashi product?

I really like their some of their frozen meals, like the Mayan Black Bean thing. That's pretty tasty.


L is for Lunch: What was yours today?


Leftover mac & cheeze from the epic sandwich I made last night. Still soooo freaking tasty. And guess what? I have another serving left at home for me. Score!


M is for microwave: What is your favorite microwave meal/snack?

I've been loving microwaved squash lately. Soooooooo much quicker than baking.


N is for nutrients: Do you like carbs, fats, or proteins best?

Do I have to choose??


O is for oil: What kind do you like to use?

Usually I use olive oil, but I will dig out canola, sesame, grapeseed, vegetable, and definitely coconut if it's suitable.


P is for protein: How do you get yours?

Everywhere and anywhere. That shit's in everything, man.


Q is for Quaker: How do you like your oats?

I was into overnight oats for a while there. Pretty good!


R is for roasting: What is your favorite thing to roast?

ROOT VEGGIES!! Roasted beets make my heart swell!


S is for sandwich: What’s your favorite kind?

Just a plain jane Tofurky, tomato, red onion, lettuce, and Vegenaise. I am sure there are better sandwiches out there, but I always come back to this one.


T is for travel: How do you handle eating while traveling?

Yeah, I don't get to travel very often at all since our dog is socially-impaired. But when I've driven to KC or elsewhere for conferences, I usually take some nuts and fruit because I KNOW there won't be much more than iceberg lettuce for me on the lunch buffet.


U is for unique: What are some of the unique foods that you like?

I've been known to eat straight up nooch...and more than 1 spoon.


V is for vitamins: What kind do you take?

I take a vegan multivitamin and a spray each of B-12 and D2 every morning. I probably pee a lot of it out, but at least I won't lose brain cells :D


W is for Wiener schnitzel: Do you ever recreate this traditional Czech food?

Nope...haven't done that yet...


Y is for Youth: What foods remind you of your childhood?

All the "wrong ones" LOL. McD's chicken nuggets, shrimp, grilled cheese, ice cream...


Z is for Zucchini: How do you prepare it?

I've used zucchini for a lot of stuff: soups, raw hummus, baked, fried, yum yum yum. I tried growing it this summer but only got 2 zucchini out of 4 plants before bugs got to them.


I'll be back with more recipes and adventures (and wheelies and handstands and awesomeness) tomorrow.

Jes

No comments:

Post a Comment