Sunday, October 16, 2011

Vegan MoFo, Day 16: Victory Shake!

I toyed with the notion of calling this a $5 "milk"shake, based on that superb scene from Pulp Fiction, buuuut when I chose a glass to pour the yumminess into, it became crystal clear.

This, my friends, is the Victory Shake.

That's right. My alma mater, K-State, is 6-0 in football. And, thus, the shake to rule them all.


"Go Cats! Shakes All Around!"
serves one Wildcat

3/4 pint Purely Decadent Chocolate Obsession soy ice cream
2 tsp bitter dark chocolate powder
1/4 cup soy milk

Mix all ingredients. Serve in a wicked glass. Enjoy.




In other news, today has been quite busy. We raked the massive mountain of leaves from the drive-way. I've been cooking all day. Have made roasted peppers, jalapenos, "sundried" tomatoes, and made some packets of pre-sliced and diced onions and peppers to freeze. Also made celery salt from celery leaves. And I made sauerkraut (instructions from Bonzai Aphrodite) that will be eaten later this week, if done.

Yay, productivity!

Jes

3 comments:

  1. K State but you're living in Wichita? PSHAW! I'm kidding. I'm a Shocker, we aren't rivals :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! K-State for my undergrad, here in Wichita for my Master's (hopefully over soon). I miss Manhattan SO MUCH. Maybe I'll go back for my PhD but commute. Haven't worked that out yet though...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I only went to Manhattan a few times (to visit) but it was pretty cool :) Wichita's good too! It's better than where I am now (Fayetteville NC - ugh) - I miss it tons.

    ReplyDelete