Monday, November 5, 2012

thankfulness, day 5: our dog, enu

There are days when I come home beaten down and completely out, and all I have to do is say "hello" to our dog, Enu. She instantly brightens up my day. Not only does she have an awesome sense of humor (she's sneaky, that one!), she can sense when we are feeling down.

My girl has become an old lady. Enu will turn 8 years old in February, and every time I think about life without her, I get super sad and feel totally dumb. Yesterday, my husband and I were watching TV, and a commercial came on that showed a dog getting older. I started crying, like a blabbering idiot. Even the mere thought of her dying one day gets me all teary-eyed. I feel like I want to say that losing her would be like losing a child (which might piss off others who've had trouble reproducing), but it's totally true! I would miss her as if I'd lost a child. She's been our girl for almost as long as my husband and I have been together.

Great, now I'm tearing up *harumph*. I'm just really thankful for my dog.

{she was so small back then! this must be circa 2005 or 2006}


Jes

No comments:

Post a Comment