Sunday, June 20, 2010

Hot Cookies!

Ok, well, not HOT but SPICY. I bought myself a copy of Isa Chandra Moskowitz and Terry Hope Romero's cookbook, Vegan Cookies Invade Your Cookie Jar, which had a recipe for Mexican Hot Chocolate Snickerdoodles.

Usually when I make cookies, they turn out all flat and crispy...but these were substantial and chewy on the inside, and they were my first time pairing heat with sweet.

This is what it was like to eat one of these bad boys:

*munch, munch, nom, chew*..."Oh, I like the chocolate...I don't taste any of the cayenne" *munch, chew, nom, gulp* "Oh...wait...there it is...WOW"

Yeah, pretty freaking yummy. This is certainly a recipe I'll be making again and again. I brought them to a pool party because heat and chlorine go hand-in-hand. Recipe available here.

Jes

No comments:

Post a Comment