Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Cornbread!

I have figured out what to do for wedding favors (or favor, in the singular, rather). I plan to share it with Philip this evening when he gets home from class. There's nothing better we could do for wedding favors, and I can't wait to share it with our wedding guests. I just hope they get it. It's a secret for now, but I will certainly share it here after our wedding.

The smell of cornbread filled our house about 2 weeks ago, and I've been meaning to share since then. Like I wrote before, I'm getting into an intensely busy time. October will be the absolute death of me for sure.

*sigh, breathe* Sweet Cornbread Cake. (There, all better.)

I have had a craving for cornbread since I went vegan, and possibly before that, so I sought to feed the beast inside me with the sweet, cakey, corny goodness. And I found the recipe here on VegWeb, which has never disappointed.

As you can tell, I got to the cornbread before the camera did :)

Philip, to my delighted surprise, ended up eating HALF of this wonderful cake, though he has professed in the past to not like cornbread. I had all of the ingredients on hand after buying the cornmeal on impulse.

Told you I'd make something with the $1.89 in cornmeal I bought on super-sale. Ha!

Jes

No comments:

Post a Comment