I'm so glad the weekend is nearly here, aren't you? This was a long 4-day work week.
We like to play around here on Fridays, evidenced by me cheesing it up with my boss:
(We're selling tickets internally for some goodie baskets we made to benefit the Susan G. Komen Foundation, thus the poster...).
I was thinking about some things this morning:
1) HOPEFULLY attending the Kansas State Fair in Hutchinson, KS, which opened today. I LOVE the State Fair, look forward to attending it every year. Phil's not totally sold on the idea: the last time we went, 2 years ago, we had to wade through mud in nice shoes after the tractor carrying us through the parking lot blew a tire before it got to the gate. I also got horribly sick off fair food about an hour after getting there.
2) Planning to post something on the luscious cornbread cake I made on Tuesday. Phil totally ate half of it (and he ate my roasted red pepper pasta that I made again last night, very surprising for him!).
3) Enjoying my whole lunch hour today.
4) Getting a leaf-shaped paper punch from Michael's for wedding confetti. I bought a heart-shaped punch for this purpose yesterday (thank you, Martha Stewart) and punched my way through an entire old book.
5) How much I super-adore etsy.com.
6) Digging through the ribbon/lace Mom gave me last Friday for the wedding. I saw some really pretty colors in there!
7) Picking up where I left off designing menu cards and centerpieces at home last night.
8) Enjoying the weather, once again, though it will probably be a hotter and more humid day than yesterday. Still nice, nonetheless.
9) Listening to these great bands lately: The Smiths, Pixies, & The Dandy Warhols.
I hope you are having a fantastic Friday. This weekend looks promising, does it not? :)