Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Mushroom Spread

Coming in close on this one; it's less than 2 hours until tomorrow!

Spent the day getting my back tires changed. Someone rear-ended my car the week before the wedding (yeah, it sucked.) and got a new bumper out of it, but it messed up my alignment apparently. So much so that the inside edge of my back tires were scraping on something and wearing down past the wires. I had one tire that was kind of low last week one morning when it was really cold. It's the same tire I had a nail in last January, so I thought it was the same deal. Then, when I left work yesterday evening to drive home, the same tire started going flat really fast. I tried airing it up but ended up having to drive back to work on like 5psi!

Luckily, one of the cool ladies was still at work and had her husband come out to put my donut on so I could drive home. When he took the tire off, we could see how worn down it was. There is no way I would have noticed that. Long story short, I got a day off from work because it wasn't completed until like mid-afternoon, and now my car drives much better. Ugh.

Anyway, I made some acorn squash bread for tomorrow and also some Mushroom Spread that I've been making since like 2005. It is adapted from a recipe in some Little Big Vegetarian Book that I got back in Manhattan (KS) when we used to live there and I was doing the vegetarian thing, again.


It's basically cooked mushrooms with seasoning and cream cheese. I veganized it and used Toffuti Better Than Cream Cheese. After you food process it (along with some garlic, perfect excuse to use more roasted garlic!), you put it into a serving dish and refrigerate. Yum!



Enjoy your Thanksgiving...even though death will probably be presented to you on a platter...shudder...

Jes

4 comments: