Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Seitan Said to...

After the failure of my post yesterday, I vowed to reclaim past glory. So, I made The Hubs take the pics tonight :) At least he remembers to use the memory card. Right.

He also did most of the cooking tonight. This is one of those special meals we get to eat together: Seitan Teriyaki Stir-fry.



The Hubs cooks the seitan until it like starts to almost burn to the pan, and scrapes up the bits when he deglazes the pan with sauce. It turns a light brown seitan into a jewel of a color, deep and rich, tasty and substantial.

I eat mine with loads of veggies, usually green bell pepper and onion. This time we tried out a carrot on the new mandoline (using the hand guard! I still have nightmares after seeing the cut hand last week on the MoFo board. DID YOU SEE THAT? HOLY SMOKES!!). Served over light jasmine rice and topped with sesame seeds and green onions.


I have a MoFo Tribute in mind for sometime soon. I'm really going to miss it...

Jes

3 comments:

  1. That looks so delicious! Did your "Hubs" make the seitan from scratch too? If not, which brand did he use? The texture looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope, haven't gotten quite there yet :) I think it's Westsoy strips (red box). REALLY great taste!

    ReplyDelete