Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Bollocks!!!

I had a total brainfart beyond belief and took pics in our Nikon D3000 without the memory card in!

My dinner this evening was a wonderfully flavorful dish of Ginger Noodles with Tofu from Rachel Ray Magazine several months ago. Basically, you cook fettuccine in water that has ginger in it (new concept to me but flavored the noodles beautifully!). While this is going on, you brown cubes of extra-firm tofu in a pan (with oil, of course). After the noodles are cooked, you reserve 2 cups of the cooking water and drain the noodles. Cook some sliced mushrooms in the tofu pan after the tofu is done and removed, mix the cooked mushrooms with the noodles, some sauce (soy, sesame oil, ginger), and a bag of broccoli slaw. Pour the broth over the noodle mixture once put into a bowl and top with tofu. Eat to your heart's content!

This recipe actually turned out to be rather pretty, and I am bummed that I cannot show you a photo of the loveliness. I really appreciate that Rachel Ray provides vegan and vegetarian recipes (even if they are not tagged as such); it makes it very beneficial to seek out new recipes such as this.

Another realization from this recipe: I figured out that I really like the TASTE OF TOFU ITSELF. The recipe called for it to be cooked only with salt and pepper...and I loved it. I know, it's weird since tofu takes on flavors so well, but I really liked the basic flavor. (The Hubs asked if I was preggers LOL!) Anyway, just sayin'...

Hopefully I won't let you all down next time, like a beauty school drop-out or something... :(

Jes

2 comments:

  1. I really like the taste of simple tofu as well. I am going to have to try this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheap Prom Dresses Near Me, UK USA Canada | Prom Dress Hut Shop Short and Long Prom Dresses, 2019 Cheap plus Size Junior Prom Dresses Buy Prom Dress USA UK Canada Australia Germany Near Me Online Store at PromDressHut

    ReplyDelete