Monday, May 23, 2011

'Nana Softserve = Fainting with Happiness

Too bad the weekend is over. Last week, I spent most of my dinners working my way through some recipe books. For dinner last week, I made dishes out of Ripe from Around Here by jae steele (Spring Sesame Noodles); Vegan YumYum by Lauren Ulm (Super Quick Tomato Basil Cream Pasta); and Vegan Lunchbox: Around the World by Jennifer McCann (Hot Noodle Soup--wasn't feeling well on Monday...).

But this is by far the yummiest thing to come out of last week (it's funny how my mind can sometimes relate one ingredient to something I briefly saw online at months ago):



'Nana Softserve
adapted from Oh She Glows, who adapted it from Choosing Raw

2 bananas, peeled, diced and frozen
small handful of raw cashews
1 tbsp wheatgerm
splash of chocolate extract (or you could use vanilla...I just happened to get this on sale recently)
squeeze of agave nectar
about 1 1/2 cup soymilk

Add all ingredients to a blender (you could also use a food processor, but my blender was closer to me at the time). Whiz it all together until a thickened glob forms. Pour into a cup and top with something cool, like vegan chocolate chips, crushed walnuts, almond slivers, etc.


Srrsly...this was SO yummy. And makes me wish I had more frozen 'nanas at home now :(

Jes


2 comments:

  1. Banana soft serve is one of my all-time fave desserts! I am loving your mix-ins!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I try not to buy many tropical fruits, but I had some sliced bananas kicking around in my freezer from a while ago...and then I bought some more this weekend :) It's soooo good! (Plus, I've been seeing this pop up everywhere lately!)

    ReplyDelete