I'm so sorry (not really?). It's been a month or so since I've written a post, but it was a necessary break. Here's what I've done in the last month:
1) FINISHED THE BOOK!!!!!! Kansas: In the Heart of Tornado Alley will be coming out in late November (just in time for xmas...). It was done as non-for-profit to benefit the Wichita State Univ. History Dept. You know, to keep the lights on for a little longer, right? :)
2) Got a promotion at work. Definitely not something I was expecting; I didn't even know we had a higher level for my job. Now I am a "senior" at my position with a huge boost in $monies$. Right on!
3) Enjoyed my summer. That's right! I am soaking up the sun on weekends (and at our Annual Lake Trip last weekend), and I am not looking forward to the fall. Nuh uh.
4) But I am also bummed by our annual "omg, it's summer, and we are POOR" lull. Damn these bills and grown-up responsibilities!
5) Started writing to my vegan pen pal (if you are viewing my site, "What up, lady?") :)
6) Watched my zucchini plants FAIL miserably. The last big zucchini I pulled off had a funny hole in it. So I poked the scissors into it...AND PULLED OUT A SQUIRMY WORM! I FREAKED OUT and threw the whole thing over the fence into the alley in a sheer panic. And now the plants are toast. Ah well!
I'll be posting more regularly on here and want to share with you an AMAZINGLY AWESOME recipe from VegWeb.
These really take me back to my childhood. For real--even the popsicle mold I used is from my own childhood (yeah, Mom, I took that!). There are only two popsicle holders left on it, but it still works!
Mmmmm...childhood. You MUST try these out!