Sunday, July 31, 2011

What Are You Eating This Week?

I am the sole vegan in our household. We have no children; my husband is not vegan or vegetarian (though, he's tried vegetarianism in the past with good results and is on an awesome tofu-kick right now); and our 6 1/2 year old dog eats meat. She's always been finicky about her food, and it took us about a year to figure out a food pattern for her. I'd love her to not eat meat but don't want to disrupt her pattern. TRUST ME, it's not a good thing.

So, I am usually left to make my own dinner most nights. We try to eat one meal together each week. And we always watch Jeopardy! while eating dinner, probably for a year and a half now. What?!? Alex Trebek is the shiz! No one steals from Trebek.

Anyway, this all being the case, I thought I would give a glimpse of my meal plan for this coming week. Breakfasts will be shredded wheat/granola and soy milk, and lunch will be leftovers from the day before. Because I'm not about wasting food if I can help it. Leftovers are also the shiz.

Sunday (that's today!): Dinner--Roasted Kohlrabi/Beets/Carrots/Onions and Rice
Monday: Dinner--15-Minute Creamy Avocado Pasta from Oh She Glows. Pretty excited to try this top-rated recipe.
Tuesday: Dinner--Squash Casserole (pg 105) from if it makes you healthy by Sheryl Crow (yup!) and Chuck White
Wednesday: Dinner--Mom's Reconstructed Chili (pg 203) from if it makes you healthy by Sheryl Crow and Chuck White
Thursday: Dinner--Red Lentil Dal (pg 73) from The Happy Herbivore Cookbook by Lindsay S. Nixon
Friday: Dinner--Leftovers or Dillon's sushi
Saturday: Dinner--"Inspiration Meal," where I take about 5 minutes to think up something to make from ingredients that I remember I have on hand. Try it!


What are you having this week? If you're the only vegan in your family, how goes it for you?

Jes

1 comment:

  1. that avocado pasta sounds amazing. and i love the idea of the "inspiration meal." my husband is an omni too, but he's "vegan by default" at home because i do most of the cooking. this week we are having jambalaya, pasta with pistachio pesto, and a snacky night where we nibble on hummus, olives, pita, etc.

    ReplyDelete