Friday, September 2, 2011

August in Review and Hot Yoga Jonesing

Do you ever have a month where you reach the end and think, "What the F did I do these past 30 or so days?!?" That was my August. It flew right past and flipped me the bird.

It was hot. It was short. And we moved the week before school began. I've been having to listen to endless complaints from The Hubs that he "never got a vacation before school began." I can't really say that I fully sympathize since I work more than he does, but hey, whatever :) I'll give him credit, though, because we'd been working on "The Move" since August 6th, and it pretty much lasted all month. It's still technically going on, what with the boxes we still have left to unpack.

But everything we did this month was totally worth it! And now we are transitioning into fall--into the days of leaves turning colors (hopefully not straight to brown), opening the windows in the house to feel cool air, reading out on the screened-in porch, raking leaves and watching Enu barrel into them. These are going to be nice days, for sure.

--------------

Also, if you haven't ever been to Hot Yoga...DO IT!!! I went to my first session last night with my friend, Shannon, and I came out a changed person. No, I swear! I've wanted to try it out every since seeing this inspirational post.

I'd only done yoga to instructional programs on TV. This is completely different and new and wonderful. I. AM. HOOKED.


It was challenging, but I feel that I did my best with the various poses I'd never performed before. I got into a groove where I would stare at one point on the brick wall in front of me, and most of the times when I would wobble, I would think, "You're not going to fall." And you know what? It worked.

The heat makes you more flexible, and I feel sore today as a result, but it was totally worth it. The sweat was pouring out of me, and I loved it.

One of the best parts, though, was laying in the Savasana (corpse position rest) at the end of the class, when we were allowed to sweat out, relax, and process what we had just done. I imagined myself floating on the lake that we visit every summer for lake trip. The waters were still and calm, and I felt so peaceful. Mind-blowing.

I felt so at peace after class while driving home. And today at work has been different, too.

Most definitely will be returning...and soon!


My dears, have a lovely Labor Day weekend, and stay safe!
Jes

No comments:

Post a Comment