Friday, April 20, 2012

Post #200 & What The Hell I've Been Up To

Happy Friday! Happy April! Happy Weekend! Hello, and Good Day to You! :D

I'm back, and just in time for my 200th post (exciting, right?!?)!

Since my last post on March 9th, my life has been a roller coaster. Here are some highlights:
--The Hubs went to a printing conference for a week in New Orleans, so it was just the dog and I alone at home. Kind of happy to say that I got used to it by the end of the week.
--Renewed my passport (actually had to get a new one since I was under 16yo when I got my first one). This came with an hour-long wait in line at the main post office here. Here I come, World!
--Enjoyed St. Patrick's festivities with my awesome group of friends.
--Saw The Hunger Games! Pretty good movie, but the close-up shots are quite excessive.
--Squealed with glee while watching the new seasons of Mad Men and Game of Thrones. It's getting good.
--Made good progress on my thesis (finally). I get to defend it at the end of July :S
--Kept going to yoga once a week. Still one of my favorite times of the week.
--Painted another SUPER AWESOME painting of my friend, Nick, with a unicorn. And then I helped my husband make the image into totes rad tote bags to sell for his printing guild.

{if you think this is kick-butt, you've come to the right blog, my friend. and yes, those ARE rainbow-colored blood drops.}

{this is my new yoga/grocery/everything bag. word.}

--Started the Couch to 5K program. It keeps getting better with each week. I'm sure there will be times during later weeks when I want to give up, but so far, so good. I'm currently on the last day of Week 3 (walk 5min/jog 90sec/walk 90sec/jog 3min/walk 3min/jog 90sec/walk 90sec/jog 3min/walk 3min). Next week gets a little weird: walk 5min/jog 3min/walk 90sec/jog 5min/walk 2.5min/jog 3min/walk 90sec/jog 5min. I will probably want to die by the end.
--Attended a session of 2012 storm spotter training and had a book signing at Exploration Place, a local interactive museum. And then, later in the night, we had a tornado strike the south side of Wichita. We're on the north side of town, so all we ended up with was flooding in the basement, which cleaned up nicely. Seeing our street turn into a raging river was trippy, though.
--Celebrated our 8-year dating and 5-year engagement anniversaries. (Well, when I say "celebrate" I mean more like "acknowledge," though I did bring him vegan doughnuts on campus the following day while he was printing.)
--Found out I need to have a root canal done on one of my molars. This is actually kind of funny (well, not funny, but still) because my dentist filled the tooth in high school, and I distinctly remember him laughing as he worked on the cavity, saying, "Any further, and I would have had to do a root canal, haha." Well, sir, it lasted 10+ years. So ha.

Also, I've been making doughnuts lately in the awesome doughnut pan The Hubs bought me a couple of months ago. Last night, I made some but baked them for too long, so they came out hard like cookies. Doughnut cookies! Still tasty, especially when dunked in soy milk :D I'm going to retry it again tonight.

I have some exciting stuff coming up (well, except for my root canal. Total suckage.). I'll be sure to post my doughnut efforts here later this weekend.

Ciao!
Jes

No comments:

Post a Comment