Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiicccckkk...ugh

This weekend, the mister and I were laid low by a vicious bug. I'm only started feeling better yesterday, so I thought I would take my chances at work. Here's a glance into our weekend:

-we both felt sick enough to go to the doctor Saturday morning. i rarely go (even though i have insurance), so this meant i was feeling horrible.
-witnessed a little girl puke in the waiting room at said doctor's office.
-waited at Dillon's (Kroger) for our meds to be filled after driving a half-hour to the store from the doctor's office. we were told several times it would be 5-10 more minutes. yeah, not happy. they didn't even have enough of my prescribed antibiotic, so i have to go back later this week. so looking forward to that.
-worked more on my husband's Doctor Who scarf, which i just finished!
-slept...and slept...and slept some more while riding the codeine cough syrup wave.
-ate hot soup multiple times. delicious and very much needed.
-so. many. tissues. (just kidding, we use cloths to wipe our noses! keep it green, people!).
-watched "Clueless" and "Zoolander" and felt just a little bit better as a result. i totally used "sporadic" in a sentence at work yesterday.
-braved the crowds at Wal-Mart and Dillon's on Sunday for groceries. there should really be a delivery service for times like this.

But I'm really thankful that it happened this week and not next week. So thankful.


Jes

No comments:

Post a Comment