Tuesday, July 27, 2010

The Name, It Has Meaning

So, in case you're all wondering why I decided to call my blog "Your Mom's a Vegan," besides the previous explanation I gave in my first post, I felt it was time to reclaim it.

Yeah, reclaim it.

I thought forever about a name for what I wanted to do here. I consulted by fiance, searched for ideas on the internet, and really put my noggin' to it. That's when I saw a website where "your mom's a vegan" was used as an insult. My fiance originally came up with the idea, but I found the insult on a website (I don't remember where, but it was something completely stupid from what I recall), and I figured that I would create a positive connotation for the phrase.

Why does being a vegan have to be seen as negative? Just like in the election ads on TV right now--I understand that being a "politician" has a negative connotation, but you would figure that you would need someone who is such a thing to get the job done.

Why do we attach negative ideas to terms such as these? What's wrong with being a politician or a vegan? I mean, really! Well...I'm reclaiming the term because I can. Your mom's a vegan, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that, now is there?

:) Jes

No comments:

Post a Comment