Sunday, November 21, 2010

Peasant Supper Sundays: Beans, Beans, the Magical Fruit...

"Beans, Beans For Every Meal!"

That's what I was thinking when I whipped up a huge batch of Rosemary Navy Beans for dinner tonight. It will last me for lunch all week ("all week" = 3 days...short week, YAAAAAAAY!).


Just your basic navy beans recipe with chopped onion, carrot, celery and minced garlic. I added a bunch of stuff to it, like hot sauce, 2 small sprigs of rosemary, S & P, coriander (just a pinch), vegan Worcestershire, and some dried marjoram. After cooking all together in one big, happy pot for about an hour (provided you soaked or cooked your beans ahead), you are rewarded with a toot-inducing bounty. Yup.



On to another crap-tastic week. At least it's short. Maybe I'll eat these beans on toast...or with ketchup! :)

Jes

1 comment:

  1. Those are some lovely beans. I honestly don't think beans make me fart as much as they did when I didn't eat them so often.

    ReplyDelete