Friday, November 5, 2010

I MoFo Love it! Happy Friday!


I just wanted to give a quick shout out to the creators of Vegan MoFo. You all should have a plaque somewhere (not sure where, just saying...). I've had so much fun so far with it--posting and reading. It's become like a crack addiction for me right now. I should probably be working on my thesis more, but alas, I'm up until 11:00pm each night blissed out in the reverie of self-expression. Whoa, just blew my own mind.

Here's a sa-weet wedding pic to brighten your day!


I have a post lined up about some one of my fave veggies ever, but I'll have to wait to load pics when I get home tonight. In the meantimes...here is a friggin rad survey that lots of folks have been using from IEatTrees.

Now, let’s play 20 questions Vegan MoFo style…

What is one food you thought you’d miss when you went vegan, but don’t?

Chicken wings. I was on a totally gross meat-kick before I went vegan last January, gorging myself on little chicken wings in BBQ sauce like every Sunday. I have photos, I admit. Now, I get sick to my stomach to even think about them.

What is a food or dish you wouldn’t touch as a child, but enjoy now?

BEETS, for freakin' sure. I hated the hell out of beets, especially the pickled or canned ones. I had an old, crotchety babysitter who would feed them to me for lunch until I gagged up magenta foam. Now, I gladly eat beets when in season.

What vegan dish or food you feel like you “should” like, but don’t?

I didn't think I would like nooch but do. Have also grown to love tofu. I like quinoa and kale, too. Man, what do I not like...? Let's just say I'm still constantly amazed with new recipes :)

What beverage do you consume the most of on any given day?

Probably tea. I have at least a cup a day.

What dish are you “famous” for making or bringing to gatherings?

My boss here at work told me the other day that I should bring my Crockpot creamed corn to a lunch soon because she loved it (this was pre-vegan days, when I would throw a whole stick of butter and a whole pkg. of cream cheese into frozen corn and then cook all day while at work). Thinking about veganizing it instead and not telling anyone here :)

Do you have any self-imposed food rules (like no food touching on the plate or no nuts in sweets)?

I eat one food at a time on my plate. They can touch all they want, that's fine, but I will eat ONE at a time. Didn't know I was doing it until my mom pointed it out a few years back.

What’s one food or dish you tend to eat too much of when you have it in your home?

Popcorn drenched in nooch. I literally eat the dregs at the bottom of the bowl when the popcorn is gone (gross, I know!)

What ingredient or food do you prefer to make yourself despite it being widely available prepackaged?

I like making my own red pasta sauce. It's pretty fun and tastes EONS better.

What ingredient or food is worth spending the extra money to get “the good stuff”?

I'll gladly pay for the large jar of Vegenaise anyday.

Are you much of a snacker? What are your favorite snacks?

I really like eating frozen corn out of the bag. I find it's sweet and a great snack when I want something sweet but not TOO sweet.

What are your favorite vegan pizza toppings?

Phil (the hubs) and I make our own pizza together. His side usually contains Morningstar crumbles with a butt-load of cheese. My side is typically black olives, mushrooms, and Daiya. And there goes my Daiya craving...seriously need to order more!!

What is your favorite vegetable? Fruit?

My fave veg would be onions (yeah, I said ONIONS!). I dig the heck out of strawberries. They're wonderfully versatile. Tomatoes are rockstars, too.

What is the best salad dressing?

Plain red wine vinegar. Yum. I don't even add oil.

What is your favorite thing to put on toasted bread?

Almond butter!!!

What kind of soup do you most often turn to on a chilly day or when you aren’t feeling your best?

Anything light and brothy. I'll usually whip up a quick and simple veggie soup, which totally soothes whatever ails me.

What is your favorite cupcake flavor? Frosting flavor?

Chocolate and more chocolate. I take after my grandma!

What is your favorite kind of cookie?

I'm a sucker for chocolate chip cookies. I like the recipe in VCIYCJ.

What is your most-loved “weeknight meal”?

Most definitely rice and stir-fried veggies. It's so simple and uber-filling.

What is one dish or food you enjoy, but can’t get anyone else in your household to eat?

I swear, my dog will eat more of my food than my husband will. He barely started eating lettuce for the first time in his entire life, but I got him to!!

How long, in total, do you spend in the kitchen on an average day?

Probably about 2 hours or so, cleaning and cooking my way through fab recipes.

Jes

1 comment:

  1. Now that you mention it, I eat one food at a time too. I don't think anything of it, but I've had people point it out to me. Thank you for the link! :)

    ReplyDelete