Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Vegan MoFo, Day 24: Lemon Olive Butter Sandwiches

What the what? Yeah, this is one of the strange recipes in Meatless Meals. I won't lie--I was a wee bit concerned that I'd be wrecking my dinner when I made these. But they were very tasty, if you like pickles and olives. If not, avoid these like the plague.

Lemon Olive Butter Sandwiches
adapted from Meatless Meals, page 149
makes 18 tea sandwiches or 6 large sandwiches

1/2 cup vegan butter
1 1/2 Tbsp lemon juice
2 Tbsp green olives, chopped
3 tsp sweet gherkin pickles, chopped
1 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp grainy mustard
2 tomatoes, sliced
slices of whole-grain bread

Mix all ingredients together, whether this be by hand in a bowl or in a food processor (I used my mini Cuisinart before I got fed up and mixed the rest by hand). You should have a whipped-like mixture. Serve with sliced tomatoes on whole-grain bread.

{indoor picnic!}






{looks like some sort of 1950s pimento cheese spread}

{i'm going on a juice cleanse after this month is over...oi...}

No, for reals, I think I've gained like 5lbs. this month, if not more. Kind of scared to step on the scale. Cleanse, here I come! :D

Jes

VMF 2011 Day 24: Blogs of Note
VMF 2010 Day 24: Mushroom Spread

No comments:

Post a Comment