Thursday, November 15, 2012

thankfulness, day 15: leaves to rake

Here's another one of those "WTF are you thinking?!?" items about which I am thankful. You know what, though? Leaves, even when they litter the ground, are still beautiful. They're in their proper place for the season and remind us to change with the weather. Deep thoughts, right?!?

Not only am I thankful for leaves falling this time of year in that they remind me to make adjustments in my life, but they are also quite relaxing to rake. When raking leaves, I get into this methodical state where the world is blocked out, and it's just myself, the rake, the leaves, and the cool breeze. (Bagging leaves is a totally different story. Hello, stress!!). I'm thankful for the time outside to reflect on life, the universe, and everything :)





Jes

No comments:

Post a Comment