Sunday, December 23, 2012

i'm in a Great Gatsby mood



My introduction to The Great Gatsby commenced during junior year of high school (all of 11 years ago!). We were assigned the book in our Honors English class towards the end of the school year. I already owned a copy that I'd picked up for free and hadn't yet read, so you can imagine my excitement! I drove home one day after getting the assignment to read the book, and to my surprise, I didn't have my door key available. So, I sat on our front porch and read most of the book while waiting for my mom to get home.

After reading books in our English classes, we would watch the movie (if one existed). Our teacher decided we would watch the 1974 movie (starring Robert Redford, Sam Waterston, and Mia Farrow) during our last class of the semester. It also happened to be during the last class period of the day, and the movie ran a little long. Pretty much my last memory of junior year was the entire class yelling at the television screen for George Wilson to hurry up and shoot Jay Gatsby because the class bell was about to ring, announcing the end of the semester! It was VERY intense, but dangit, we needed closure!



{all ready for the party!}

{a gift? for me? why, thank you!}


{perfect for a drive...watch where you're going!}

{you'd look gorgeous in these, my darling}

{seersucker suspenders for Nick? dandy!}

{daisy, get back here! stop trying to run off}

{don't forget your driving gloves, mr. gatsby}
{champagne for everyone!}

I'm really excited for the movie to come out next year (2013), but I think I'll always like the 1974 version best.

Jes

No comments:

Post a Comment