Sunday, October 21, 2012

Vegan MoFo, Day 21: Yearly MoFo Survey

Today was a wonderful day spent out with family. We saw sights, shared giggles, and celebrated a birthday!

Somehow, I managed to make a loaf of bread but not get something made from the cookbook, so I'll have to settle for a survey today. Looking back on my 2010 survey, here's how my responses have changed in two years!


What is one food you thought you’d miss when you went vegan, but don’t?
Whipped cream, but there are several other options out there!
What is a food or dish you wouldn’t touch as a child, but enjoy now?
Still thinking beets is the best answer for this one. I loooove me some beets now, though.
What vegan dish or food you feel like you “should” like, but don’t?
Hmmm...I'm not sure about this one. I've grown to love a lot of vegan foods. It's amazing how tastes change over time if you just try.
What beverage do you consume the most of on any given day?
Water. All day long.
What dish are you “famous” for making or bringing to gatherings?
I haven't yet found a dish that I bring to gatherings a lot, besides a simple pasta salad.
Do you have any self-imposed food rules (like no food touching on the plate or no nuts in sweets)?
I've grown out of my "eating one food at a time" rule. Plus, I'm also really, really into spicy foods now.
What’s one food or dish you tend to eat too much of when you have it in your home?
Chocolate. Yum!!
What ingredient or food do you prefer to make yourself despite it being widely available prepackaged?
I've come to like my own bread. It's not just satisfying to eat but is fun to make!
What ingredient or food is worth spending the extra money to get “the good stuff”?
Maple syrup, the real stuff. Beats the crummy fake stuff by miles.
Are you much of a snacker? What are your favorite snacks?
Oh heck yes. Way more than I should. Ice cream, pretzels, chocolate. Cravings!
What are your favorite vegan pizza toppings?
Daiya, mushrooms, and black olives. Classic.
What is your favorite vegetable? Fruit?
Asparagus and bananas. Could eat these every day!
What is the best salad dressing?
Lemon juice and salt. Or a quick vinaigrette made from lemon juice, olive oil, salt, pepper, and mustard.
What is your favorite thing to put on toasted bread?
Fruit jam! Well, except crappy grape. Bleh.
What kind of soup do you most often turn to on a chilly day or when you aren’t feeling your best?
I've really grown to love blended-up vegetable soups, like butternut squash soup. My favorite is still brothy veggie soup made from whatever I have on hand.
What is your favorite cupcake flavor? Frosting flavor?
CHOCOLATE! AND CHOCOLATE!
What is your favorite kind of cookie?
Still a fan of chocolate chip cookies.
What is your most-loved “weeknight meal”?
Baked potatoes and corn-on-the-cob on Wednesdays! It's become our weekly ritual around here. Everyone at me husband's workplace wishes him "happy baked potatoes and corn" when he leaves Wednesday afternoons!
What is one dish or food you enjoy, but can’t get anyone else in your household to eat?
Sauerkraut. My husband isn't having any of that...ever.
How long, in total, do you spend in the kitchen on an average day?
Maybe like an hour now. I've become way more efficient with my time compared with before.


Hope you all enjoyed your weekend. Here's to the work week...bleh.

Jes

VMF 2011 Day 21: Kitchen Sink Taboulleh and Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
VMF 2010 Day 21: Peasant Supper Sundays: Beans, Beans the Magical Fruit...

No comments:

Post a Comment