Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Vegan MoFo, Day 17: Orange Julius

I'll just come out and admit it: I've never had an Orange Julius. Never have I had the chance to savor that tasty concoction while strolling around the mall with friends. A part of me feels as though I missed out. I'm not down the the eggs part of some Orange Julius recipes out there, but one of the recipe from Gems from the Wheat State seemed tasty.



Orange Julius
adapted from Gems from the Wheat State, pg. F13, contributors Susan O'Leary and Jodi Smith
serves at least 2, depending on portion

6 oz frozen orange juice concentrate (half a can)
1/2 cup soymilk
1/2 chilled water
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
2 tsp agave syrup
about 1 cup ice cubes

Blend all ingredients until smooth and enjoy.



If you add the Orange Julius to these freezie cups, like shown here, they keep the drink really chilly and nice. I saved one in the freezer for a Frozen Orange Julius later ;)


Past Vegan MoFo posts on this day:

VMF 2012 Day 17: Bean Roast
VMF 2011 Day 17: Spicy Vegan Juicy Lucy
VMF 2010 Day 17: Seitan Said to...



No comments:

Post a Comment