Saturday, March 8, 2014

Craftiness--Crochet--Granny Stripe Blanket--DONE!!!!!!

It's done. What I began months ago is finally complete. And awesome. And the best thing ever right now. Seriously, it's so comfy! I could not be happier with the result.



I felt bad about the idea of throwing away the scraps, so I put them into a thrifted bubble silhouette that I'd been meaning to redo. The silhouette, tray, and curtain/tablecloth (below) are three things I picked up at the church garage sale way back in August. I used one of Philip's old grey Prismacolor markers for the frame.






The decision to run the stripes vertically was the best decision I could have made. I wanted this blanket to be able to fit into our washer, after all, and keeping them horizontally would have made it waaaaaay bigger. Plus, I find this more appealing visually.


Believe it or not, we've lived in this house for nigh on three years (this summer) and hadn't decorated our bedroom (I know!). The painting and head were art class projects of my husband's several semesters ago. Still need to add a painting to the large wall to the right.






Materials used:
--Red Heart Grey Heather (base color)
--Deborah Norville Everyday Soft Worsted (stripes): Flourescent Yellow, Wild Blue, Neon Pink, Bright Violet, and Electric Green.
--Size H crochet hook


The Kansas print is from The Big Harumph, and I made the little purse back in high school from a dress I wore in childhood.





{F-off, World. No, for real though, middle-finger unintentional.}


{good night}

{my new place to chill}



**Photos edited using the fabulous ABM Actions. So fun!



No comments:

Post a Comment